Introducing 'The Working Lunch' - Simplicity On-The-Go
I have been thinking recently that many of our recipes are geared towards those who have time in the evening to cook, or perhaps they're fortunate to have a helper on hand to look after dinner. But many workers eat lunch at the desk, so I've decided to bring you some recipes and product pairings that work really well for anyone who does 'the working lunch'.
Today, I've got a cool recipe for a Salmon Quinoa Bowl with Avocado and Apple, courtesy of Foodness Gracious. I do groan a bit when we see quinoa as it can be a bit dull, but this is jazzed up with plenty of flavour (think garlic, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil..). It takes ten minutes to prep as our Fresh Mt. Cook Alpine Oak Roasted Salmon is already oak-roasted, so there's no 'cooking time' required! This recipe is enough for two meals or servings.
- 2 portion Mt. Cook Oak Roasted Salmon
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, parsley or chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 red apple
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix together the garlic, cilantro, oregano, 6 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice.
Season herb vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Let vinaigrette stand to develop its flavour while you cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Dice the avocado and apple, and add both to the quinoa in a bowl.
- Mix about 1/4 cup of the herb vinaigrette through the quinoa, taste and add more if desired.
Season with more salt and pepper.
Divide the quinoa between two bowls and place a piece of salmon on top.
Credits: recipe adapted from Foodness Gracious
- Sasha's Fine Foods