Serves 2 (6 pancakes)
INGREDIENTS100g all-purpose flour (or 93g whole wheat flour)
1 egg, beaten
½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
80g smoked ham, diced
80g gruyère or Gran Soresina Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
small handful spring onions, snipped
- Put the flour and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Combine the eggs with the milk and oil, then gradually pour into the dry ingredients, whisking constantly until it’s a smooth batter.
- Transfer to a large jug.
- Swirl a little oil around a large, non-stick pan over a gentle heat.
- Pour a quarter of the batter into the pan, tilting to coat the entire base.
- Cook for 1 min, flip over and cook for a further 30 secs. On one half of the pancake, add ¼ of the butter and sprinkle over ¼ of the ham and cheese.
- Grind over some black pepper and fold the pancake over the fillings. Fold in half again and transfer to a plate to serve.
- Repeat until you have four pancakes. Serve scattered with the chives.
Recipe & Image Credit: BBC