Pasta with Turkey Ragu
For the ragu:
100ml olive oil
100g bacon cut into batons
1 onion finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
400g finely chopped tomatoes
250ml chicken stock
2 tbsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
Pinch of sea salt
Grated parmesan to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and sea salt, coat in the oil and turn the heat down, cover with a lid and allow mixture to cook down and soften, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and turkey meat to the onion mixture and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the stock and simmer for ten minutes, and the sage and season, put aside.
- Boil the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water for a few minutes until al dente (still with a bite) and drain.
- To serve toss the pasta through the turkey ragu mix, spoon into pasta bowls, drizzle over some olive oil and grated parmesan.
Recipe adapted from KellyBronze
- Sasha's Fine Foods