Serves 4 to 5
700g Wicks Manor English Pork Tenderloin
½ onion, quartered
1 clove of garlic, halved
1 bay leaf
3 juniper berries
A few black peppercorns
215ml ILauri Tavo Pinot Grigio (or any white wine)
215ml Our Very Own Chicken Stock
95g Ortiz Bonito Spanish Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
3 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp reserved stock from the pork
2 anchovy fillets
½ tbsp capers
¼ tbsp lemon juice
Anchovies, cut into long thin slivers and capers
Optional: Caper berries, parsley or watercress and lemon wedges
- Put the pork into a tight-fitting ovenproof casserole with all the other ingredients.It should be almost covered with liquid so top up with water if necessary.
- Bring up to a boil and skim off any scum. Cover and either simmer over very low heat or cook in the oven for 1 hour. Leave to cool completely in the liquid.
- Process all the sauce ingredients until smooth and the consistency of double cream. Check the seasoning and add more ingredients to taste, if necessary. Thin with a little more stock, if too thick.
- Remove the rind and fat from the pork, slice very thinly and arrange in barely overlapping concentric circles around a large oval or round platter. Coat with the sauce and decorate with a crisscross of anchovies and some capers scattered or arranged in the middle of each diamond.
- Serve with New (Chat) Potatoes and a green salad.
Recipe credit: Jane Lovett
Image credit: Serious Eats