Roast Mustard Beef with Ratatouille
800g Rhug Estate Organic Aberdeen Angus Beef Topside Mini Joint
1 1/2 tbsp Vasse Virgin Rich & Robust Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 Zucchini Yellow, cut into chunks
1 Eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
250g Red Grape Tomatoes
250g yellow grape tomatoes
2 tbsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Rub beef with 2 tsp oil and brown on all sides in a frying pan over high heat. Combine mustard and parsley and smear over beef.
- Place on rack in roasting dish and roast for 45 minutes for rare, 1 hour for medium and 1 hour 10 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy, use a meat thermometer.
- Remove beef from oven. Loosely cover with foil and rest beef for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine zucchini and eggplant and thyme leaves with remaining oil and place on baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook in oven along with beef for 1 hour, adding the tomatoes for last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from oven and gently toss together with the vinegar. Thinly slice beef and serve with roasted ratatouille.
- Sasha's Fine Foods