2 Silver Hill Confit Duck Legs
500g Butternut Pumpkin
4 tbsp Chestnut Grove Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 onion finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic crushed
200g Arborio rice
100ml white wine
2 packets Our Very Own Chicken Stock (hot)
Handful of sage leaves chopped
30g grated Italian Parmigiano Reggiano DOP
- Preheat oven to 180C. Chop and peel the pumpkin into large cubes, place on a roasting tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Place the duck legs on a rack in a roasting tray and you can cook them along with the pumpkin · Heat the remaining oil in a pan on a medium heat and add the butter, when melted add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft but not brown. Add the rice and stir through the buttery mixture until well coated, about a minute.
- Add the wine and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add the hot stock a ladle at a time, stirring until absorbed, until you have used all the stock. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove pumpkin and duck from the oven. Set aside the duck to rest and add the pumpkin to the risotto. Season with salt and pepper and add the sage and cheese and stir through.
- Serve with the confit duck legs and enjoy.