The sweet, sharp and salty combination of the roasted plant-based feta and tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar dressing, goes perfectly with the warming earthiness of the puy lentils. Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, vegans and vegetarians.
Serves 2 | Time Required: 20 Minutes
14 Red Grape Tomatoes
100g plant-based feta
2 tbsp Vasse Virgin Mild & Delicate Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Vasse Virgin Sweet Golden Honey Balsamic
Ground black pepper
1 x 250g pouch of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils
7 mint leaves finely sliced
Salt to taste
- Heat the oven to 180.
- Place the tomatoes in a small roasting tray (around the outside) and the block of feta in the middle.
- Drizzle the feta and tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with a little ground black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, microwave a packet of Merchant Gourmet Simply Cooked Puy Lentils for 45 seconds on high (having torn off the corner of the packet first.)
- Pour the lentils into a bowl and season, before stirring in the finely chopped mint leaves. Top with the roasted tomato and feta (break the feta into small pieces if you prefer.)
- Pour over the balsamic and oil dressing from the pan and finish with a little more ground black pepper.
Recipe and Image Credit: Merchant Gourmet