15 pieces of scallops
1/3 stick of carrot (thinly sliced or cut into flower shape)
1 bunch of broccoli (stem removed and cut)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 slices of ginger
2 stalks of spring onions (ends only)
1 teaspoon of Shaoxing wine
1 cup of chicken broth
1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 tablespoon of tamari
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Corn starch (100ml of water mixed with 1 level tablespoon of cornflour)
- Blanch broccoli and set aside.
- Saute garlic (half of above indicated quantity), ginger and spring onion with a little bit of oil until fragrant
- Sprinkle with Shaoxing wine and add in chicken broth.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, add in scallops and allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain and remove scallops, Set aside for later use.
- Using a clean pan, stir-fry the remaining minced garlic.
- Add carrot to the pan and when it is half done, add in pacific clams.
- Stir-fry mixture until thoroughly cooked.
- Mix in oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Return into the pan.
- Turn the heat down and add in cornstarch.
- Let simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to serving plate and garnish with broccoli.
Recipe and Image Credit: Recipe Warehouse