Leg of Lamb stuffed with Feta & Garlic
1kg (2.2lb) boneless leg Welsh lamb
15ml (1tbsp) Vasse Virgin Garlic-Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sprig fresh rosemary, sage and tarragon, chopped
100g (4oz) Meredith's Australian Marinated Goat Cheese, crumbled
900g new potatoes
4 fresh beetroots, scrubbed & cut in half
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened, but not browned. Add chopped herbs and stir
- Place boneless leg of lamb on a board and open out to flatten.
- Spoon into the centre of the cavity the onion mixture and crumbled cheese. Spread out but not quite to the edges. Roll joint up and tie with heatproof string.
- Weigh the joint and work out the cooking time: Medium - 25 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 25 minutes Well done - 30 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 30 minutes
- Place in a roasting tin (any leftover stuffing place on the bottom of the pan under the joint), season and drizzle with oil. Roast, basting occasionally.
- 40-50 minutes before the end of cooking time add new potatoes, beetroot wedges and rosemary sprigs and toss in the juices.
- Serve joint thickly sliced with roasted potatoes and beetroot.
Recipe and photo credits: Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales
- Tags: Lamb
- Sasha's Fine Foods