A healthy, plant-based lunch to enjoy at home or take with you to work. Suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free and vegans.
Serves 2 | Time Required: 25 Minutes
1 x 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Red & White Quinoa
30g Red Grape Tomatoes
1 tsp of Sasha's Farms Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Generous handful of Baby Spinach
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp of garlic granules
A pinch of pink himalayan salt
Juice of 1 lemon
150g Vasse Virgin Mild & Delicate Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
30g fresh basil
150g of cashews
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 glove of garlic
juice of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
- To make the Cashew Basil Cream, add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and whizz to a smooth consistency. The mixture should make enough for several servings, and therefore you will be able to store it in the fridge in an air tight container.
- For the salad, heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add your asparagus and about 1tbsp of water to the pan.
- Add your spices and nutritional yeast, then cover the pan so that the asparagus can steam and cook.
- As the asparagus begins to soften add the spinach and quinoa. Stir, and cover for another 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Prepare your tomatoes and lemon. When the spinach has wilted add the tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture and add in 1 large heaped tbsp of the the ‘Cashew Basil Cream’. Coat the entirety of the mixture with the cream and transfer to a plate or Tupperware.
Recipe and Image Credit: Merchant Gourmet