1 red onion, finely chopped
25g salted butter, softened
3 slices of Simply Bread Rustic White Bread, whizzed to chunky breadcrumbs
350g Wicks Manor Olde English Sausage meat
1 apple, peeled and grated
Handful of fresh parsley, finely sliced
Handful of sage leaves, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 egg beaten (optional)
Salt and pepper
- Fry the onion gently in a small knob of butter until just tender, approx. 10 mins.
- Put the onion, garlic and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add 75ml water and use your hands to mix it together.
- Mix in the sausage meat, apple, parsley, sage and some salt and pepper to season.
- Mix in the beaten egg if you prefer a less crumbly stuffing.
- Use to stuff the turkey neck or if you want to cook it separately, spread into a lightly greased baking dish, cover with foil and cook at 190˚C/Gas 5 for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook for a further 10 minutes or so, until slightly crunchy on top.
Recipe credit: Riverford