3 green onions
200g Japanese A4 Wagyu Beef - Shabu Slice
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 servings Udon noodles (180 g dry udon noodles)
From Your Pantry
- Gather all the ingredients. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the udon noodles. Once boiling, keep it on low heat until you're ready to cook the noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, bring dashi to boil over medium heat.
- Add the soy sauce, mirin, 1 tsp sugar, and salt and mix it all together. Cover the pot with a lid (don't let the soup evaporate) and remove it from the heat.
- Cut the white part of the green onion diagonally into 1cm slices. Set aside. Cut the remaining green onion into thin slices and set aside.
- Cut the narutomaki (fish cake) diagonally into 4 thin slices. Cut the thinly sliced shabu shabu beef in half, about 4-5 cm wide.
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat. When it's hot, add the oil and white part of the green onion. When it is golden brown and tender, add the meat and cook until it's no longer pink.
- Add 2 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Stir-fry the meat until it is well coated with the seasoning. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the udon noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions. Drain well and rinse quickly with water to remove the excess starch.
- Divide the well-drained udon noodles into individual serving bowls and pour the hot broth over the noodles to cover.
- Place the stir-fried beef, narutomaki (fish cake) and green onions on top to serve.