We Are Hiring!
Digital Marketing Executive: Job Description (April 2019)
PR & Singaporeans Only
Sasha’s Fine Foods: An Overview
Sasha’s Fine Foods was established in October 2011 by Sasha Conlan, an English expat living in Singapore since 2008. A scarcity of sustainable foods produced without hormones/antibiotics and additives and a clear “story” of where it came from led Sasha to establish The Barbie Girls, an online, home delivery business.
The decision to be an e-commerce only business was driven by the recognition that the target customer base was time poor but quality driven, and hence more likely to transact online. The Barbie Girls initially operated from a small warehouse in Tiong Bahru, offering a once-weekly home delivery service. With minimal marketing and strong word-of-mouth, the business grew rapidly and within 5 years, The Barbie Girls had established itself as the leading ‘clean’ food e-commerce company in Singapore. The business was incorporated in 2014.
As the business and product range grew it was re-branded to better position what had become a fully-fledged online food company and market leader in clean food. “Sasha’s Fine Foods” was launched in February 2017 with a seamless acceptance by existing customers as well as new customers being attracted to the simplicity of the name and credibility of 5 years of operations.
Sasha’s Fine Foods remains an e-commerce market leader in sustainable food shopping. Operating from a new office and warehouse in Jurong, the company has 15 staff and 4 branded trucks, delivering to customers across the island 7 days a week. The Company has an exemplary reputation for customer service, backed by constant product and website innovation. Today’s customer demographic has an increasingly large number of Singaporeans as well as male customers seeking clean and lean products, and younger customers who are more educated on sustainability, environmental and ethical practices in food production. Growth has been driven by the re-brand supported by strong marketing initiatives that offer insights, education and value propositions to customers.
The company’s vision is to expand within Singapore and SE Asia, based upon the following core principles:
- Provenance – selling only the highest quality products sourced from trusted partners who share Sasha’s simple philosophies of quality and sustainability. These philosophies are rooted in understanding where our food comes from, ensuring it is as close to its natural state as possible (with no nasty additions like growth hormones) and that it has been produced and delivered with care and respect for the animals, the environment and the individuals who produce it.
- Customer Service – offering differentiated customer experience through excellent and reliable service, combined with continuous product and website innovation.
- Team Work – developing an open, empowered and committed team who strive to continuously improve, as well as fully leveraging the positive impact of an eco-system of trusted partners and suppliers.
Digital Marketing Executive: Role Overview
Sasha’s Fine Foods has until recently, grown through “word of mouth”. Given the company’s ambition for growth, significant budget has now been allocated to Digital Marketing and PR. This has prompted the need to hire a Marketing Executive capable of managing this crucial area of the business to drive growth in line with the overall Marketing Strategy.
- Plan & coordinate the timing & marketing of all new product launches through all our marketing channels
- Create new promotions and campaigns to continually excite our customers and drive higher conversion & frequency
- Plan and execute customer & supplier events
Loyalty Program & Product Reviews
- Raise awareness of the Loyalty Program through targeted digital marketing activity
- Create & Drive campaigns to encourage customers to leave Product Reviews to improve overall trial & conversion rates
Social Media & Emails
- Plan and monitor on-going social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, You Tube, Twitter, Linked In in line with the overall Marketing Calendar
- Write content for twice weekly Newsletters in line with Marketing Calendar
- Manage the automated email campaigns as well as creation of personalised emails to pre-defined customer segments
- Customer Analytics: Use analysis and data (Shopify, GA) to gain key insights on product purchases and customer behaviour to help support decision making on customer acquisition and targeting.
- Customer Segmentation: Identify high priority customers and develop key customer profiles and missions using the available data and develop strategies to recruit, retain and grow the annual value of those consumers
External Agency Management
- Manage and measure performance of our Digital Marketing agency to drive continuous improvement in our SEM & SEO and to increase brand awareness
- Liaise with our PR Agency to assist in any media related activity
- Attend industry trainings & seminars with key stakeholders such as Google & Facebook to further maintain up to date with market trends
Success in the role will be measured by increase in the following Key Performance Indicators
- New & Returning customers %
- Registered members %
- Conversion %
- Improved ROI on SEO & SEM
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working in Digital Marketing in a consumer facing E-Commerce business
- Excellent understanding of Digital Marketing concepts and best practices
- Experience with B2C social media, Google Adwords, email campaigns and SEO/SEM
- Perfect knowledge of Google Analytics
- Skills and experience in creative content writing
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Shopify a bonus
Remuneration: to be discussed
If you are interested, please submit your CV with covering letter to – email@example.com
Please note that this role is for Singaporeans & PR only
We are excited to meet you!