1 tsp ground cumin seed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp of cayenne or other hot pepper (or a little Harissa paste)
- If you plan to use wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 1 hour and remove them when you're ready to use them
- Lightly oil the grates on your grill and preheat for about 20 minutes on medium-high.
- Mash the garlic into a paste with the flat side of your knife or with a mortar and pestle.
- Squeeze any water out of the meat.
- In a large bowl, mix the garlic in with the meat, coriander seed, cumin seed, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, black pepper, cayenne, onion, parsley, and salt. Mix until well-blended.
- Mould into long meatballs, about 3 to 4 inches long and 1-1/2 inches in diameter, and put on skewers to grill. (Skewers are totally optional.)
- Grill the kebabs on medium high for about 4 minutes.
- Turn over and grill for another 3 to 4 minutes
Recipe and Image Credit: Very Well Fit