4 Mt. Cook Alpine New Zealand Salmon Portions Skinless
700ml coconut milk
700ml fish stock
340g cooked rice flour noodles
2 boiled Eggs
400g bean sprouts
8 roasted macadamia nuts
4 sprigs Vietnamese mint
4 sprigs coriander
200g rehydrated dried bean curd (tau pok)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
10 shallots, peeled
6 cloves garlic
3 inch fresh ginger
4 red chillies
1 tablespoon soaked dried shrimp
3 tablespoons of fish curry powder
1. Blend or pound the paste ingredients together.
2. Sweat the paste off in the oil.
3. Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer.
4. Add the noodles and the salmon. Simmer for three minutes.
5. Portion into four bowls.
6. Cut boiled eggs in half and add to each bowl.
7. Garnish with other ingredients
*200g of any store bought laksa paste can be substituted for the paste recipe included. Fish stock can be substituted with water and adding another tablespoon of soaked dehydrated shrimp to the paste.
Recipe Credit: Mt. Cook Alpine Salmon