An adaptation of Donna Hay's Barbecued Duck Fried Rice, our ready-cooked Silver Hill duck is perfect for this delicious recipe.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200g shredded chinese cabbage
- 1 half silver hill duck, meat shredded
- ¼ cup fried eschalots (french shallots), plus extra to serve
- 2 red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice, cooled
- 227g can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- ¼ cup (90g) hoisin sauce
- micro coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the cabbage, duck, eschalots and half the chilli and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and water chestnuts and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the hoisin and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide between bowls and top with the remaining chilli, coriander and extra eschalots. Serves 2–4.