INGREDIENTS1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
1 red onion, grated
600g lamb mince
100g haloumi, grated
1/2 cup mint, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
Olive oil, to brush
8 small white or brioche rolls, split
Hummus and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a small frypan over medium-high heat. Toast cumin and sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl, combine with 1 tablespoon sea salt flakes, then set aside.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, shave 1 zucchini into ribbons. Set aside.
- Coarsely grate remaining zucchini, then place in a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove any excess moisture. Combine with onion, lamb mince, haloumi, mint and 2 tablespoons yoghurt in a bowl and mix well. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Form mixture into 8 small patties, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. Brush burgers with oil, then cook for 2-3 minutes each side until just cooked. Transfer to a plate and loosely cover with foil.
- Brush zucchini ribbons with oil, then cook for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred and tender
- Spread hummus onto roll bases, then top with a slice of zucchini and a burger. Season with reserved sesame salt, top with the roll lid, then serve with yoghurt, extra mint leaves and lemon wedges.