1 1.6kg Fox River Australian Free-Range Whole Chicken
4 tbsp thyme leaves
Grounded black pepper and kosher salt to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Wipe the chicken clean and trim off all excess fat. Wash the lemon and thyme.
3. Squash the lemon, then pierce all over with a cooking fork until soft.
4. Season the chicken skin and the cavity. Put the lemon and thyme inside, and close using wooden toothpicks.
5. Roast the chicken on an oven tray, breast side down for 1½ hours. Do not use any oil or butter, the chicken will self-baste. Turn the bird breast-side up after the first hour.
6. Serve with the juices.
Recipe credits: A Helping Hand: Delicious Recipes in English & Tagalog
Image credits: Greg Dupree