One of the easiest and most delivious get-ahead starters. You can even up the quantities and turn it into an elegant lunch.
2 x New Zealand Premium Angus Beef Tenderloin Steak
4 spring onions
2 red chillies
Mixed Leaf Salad
Sesame seeds; toasted
Sprigs of fresh coriander (optional)
For the dressing
1 tsp finely chppped ginger
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped
4 tbsp sesame oil
6 tbsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp tamari sauce
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Trim the beef of any membrane, rub with oil and seal quickly on all sodes in a very hot frying pan. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Trim the spring onions and slice very finely into ribbons lengthways. Halve, seed and remove the membrane from the chillies and slice them very thinly lengthways.
- Slice the beef very thinly across the grain.
- Just before serving, arrange the beef slices and a small handful of salad leaves on a plate, whisk the dressing and spoon about 2 tablespoons over the beef and salad.
- Mix the spring onions and chilli together and scatter over the top of the leaves followed by a dusting of toasted sesame seeds and a sprig of coriander, if using.
Recipe Credit: Get Ahead by Jane Lovett
- Sasha's Fine Foods