Tender and juicy beef seared to golden brown perfection, topped with garlic butter and herbs.
Serves 4 | Time Required: 30 Minutes
- Let the steaks sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a heavy pan such as a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan. Place the steaks in the pan in a single layer.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until deep golden brown.
- Add the butter to the pan. After the butter has melted, add the garlic cloves and rosemary to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the steaks. Insert a probe thermometer into the thickest part of one of the steaks.
- Cook the steak for 2-3 minutes or until the thermometer registers at between 130-135 degrees F for a medium steak.
- Remove the meat from the pan. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Spoon the pan drippings over the steak, then slice and serve immediately.
Recipe Credit: Dinner at the Zoo