The Christmas cake I prepare every year.
- Whisk some mascarpone and whipping cream together (1:1 ratio).
- (Optional) Add in some icing sugar if you'd like to sweeten.
- Add in a touch of freshly squeezed orange juice or lemon juice along with some zest.
- Slice your panettone twice so you'll end up with three separate pieces.
- Starting with the broadest layer at the bottom, spread of a layer of cream on top.
- Stack the second layer, rotating it just slightly - repeat this with the third and last layer.
- Decorate it with an assortment of berries - redcurrants, blueberries, raspberries or even kumquats if you've got those on hand.
- Using a sieve, dust some icing sugar over it to make it look like snow.
- (Optional) Top it with some sparklers!
Recipe and Image Credit: Sasha