I love this simple way to cook trout. Bake it with spring onions, ginger, chilli, coriander and a little soy and mirin, then finish with some lime. A lovely little fish dish full of aromatic flavours.
- 2 x 150g Chalk Stream English Rainbow Trout Portions
- 4 cm piece of ginger
- 6 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
- 1 small bunch of coriander (15g)
- 2 tablespoons low-salt Tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Place the Chalk Stream English Rainbow Trout Portions in a snug-fitting baking dish.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger. Trim and cut the white parts of the spring onions into 5cm pieces, reserving the green parts. Finely chop the chilli and coriander stalks, reserving the coriander leaves. Place everything into a small bowl, then add the Tamari sauce and mirin and mix well. Pour the sauce over the Chalk Stream English Rainbow Trout Portions, then pop in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through and the flesh is flaking.
- Remove the trout from the oven and transfer to plates. Carefully pour the cooking juices back into the bowl and finely grate in half of the lime zest and squeeze in half the juice. Mix well.
- Finely slice the green parts of the spring onions, then scatter them over the trout, along with the coriander leaves, and drizzle over the sauce. Serve with steamed rice or freshly cooked noodles, Asian greens and lime wedges.