Vietnamese-style Honey Pork & Rice Noodle Salad
250g sliced Wicks Manor English Pork Stir Fry
1 clove garlic
1 clove shallot
1 stalk lemongrass
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hua tiao cooking wine
1 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp sesame oil
2 cups water
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
4 shallots, peeled
1 chili padi, cut into 2-3 pieces
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
1 carrot, sliced thinly
Fish Sauce Dressing ingredients
5 tbsp water
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/2pc chili padi, cut into tiny pieces
1 clove garlic, finely minced
Method (Honey Pork)
- Combine all the ingredients except pork into a food processor, blend into a paste.
- Marinate the Wicks Manor English Pork Stir Fry slices using the paste at least 4hrs or overnight.
- Before cooking, remove from fridge and let the pork return to room temperature.
- Set a grill pan or frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil and grill/pan-fry the marinated pork till fully cooked and slightly charred. Set aside.
- Combine water, sugar and vinegar in a small pot, bring to boil till sugar is dissolved.
- Add shallots and chilli padi into the pickling liquid and let the liquid cool completely.
- Add the sliced cucumber and carrot into the pickling liquid and store overnight in fridge.
Method (Fish Sauce Dressing)
- Mix water, fish sauce and sugar, stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Add lime juice, chili padi and garlic, mix well.
200g rice noodle
Pickled cucumber, carrot and shallot
Lettuce, basil, parsley, mint leaves, chili padi
- Blanch rice noodle in boiling water for 30s. Drain thoroughly and arrange in serving bowl/plate.
- Arrange pickles, lettuce, basil, parsley, mint leaves and chili padi in serving bowl/plate.
- Add honey pork.
- Drizzle with some fish sauce dressing before serving.
Recipe and photos credits: Meg Tan
- Tags: Pork
- Sasha's Fine Foods