Time required: 30 minutes
1 red onion
1 clove of garlic
300g Swiss Brown Mushrooms
2-3 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
500g Rhug Estate Organic Aberdeen Angus Beef Sirloin Steak
1 teaspoon paprika
Vasse Virgin Rich & Robust Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 knob of unsalted butter
1 small glass of brandy
4 heaped tbsp NZ Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, Natural Greek Style yoghurt
2 tbsp Hokkaido Fresh Milk
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic, then finely grate the lemon zest. Clean and tear the mushrooms. Pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Place the beef between 2 sheets of clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin until ½ cm thick, then cut into finger-width slices.
- Mix the paprika, lemon zest, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper together, and use to dust the beef.
- In a large frying pan over a medium-low heat, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened. Turn up the heat and add the mushrooms and butter, sautéing until the mushrooms are golden brown, then tip onto a plate
- Add a little oil to the pan and fry the beef for 2 minutes, turning, until browned but still pink inside. Stir in the mushroom-onion mixture, add the brandy and reduce for 1 minute or until almost disappeared.
- Lower the heat and stir in the yoghurt and milk. Let it boil for no longer than 2 minutes.
- Serve with fragrant basmati rice.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver