Sweet Potato Welsh Lamb Curry
600g Rhug Estate Organic Welsh Lamb Diced
1 tbsp Vasse Virgin Rich & Robust Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
2 sticks celery, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
1/2 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
3 tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp fennel seeds
400ml can coconut milk
2 tbsp tomato puree
150ml Our Very Own Chicken Stock
1 Jumbo Sweet Potato, diced
1 lime, rind and juice
Handful of fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the diced lamb and fry until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, celery and chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Once boiled, cover with lid and simmer for 90 minutes. Add more stock if required.
- Add the sweet potato and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- To finish, stir through the lime rind and juice and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Recipe and image credit: Welsh Beef & Lamb
- Sasha's Fine Foods