Total Prep and Cooking time: 20 Minutes
From Your Pantry
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle the halibut fillets with the seasoning mixture, pressing with your fingers to help the coating adhere.
- Heat the butter in a large 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.* Swirl to coat.
- When the butter starts foaming, add the halibut fillets, skin-side down. Cook them until their bottoms are blackened, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the fillets to the other side, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the fish turn from translucent into opaque and white (it’s fine to cut a small slit and peek), about 3 more minutes.
- Spoon the pan juices on top of the fish and serve.
Recipe credits: healthyrecipesblogs.com