Chinese New Year Yu Sheng
- 1 pack of 300g fresh Mt. Cook Alpine New Zealand Salmon Portions Skinless
- 1 knob (10 gm) young ginger, skinned, very finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced on the diagonal
- 4 sprigs fresh Chinese parsley
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 1 cucumber, thinly shredded
- 1 daikon radish, thinly shredded
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped peanuts
- 4 tbsp whole-wheat crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp five spice powder
- Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/8 tsp five spice powder
- 8 tbsp plum sauce
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp peanut/corn oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Arrange the salmon slices in the centre of a large platter.
- Position each type of shredded vegetables neatly around the platter, surrounding the salmon.
- Sprinkle the crackers, parsley, peanut and ginger over the vegetables, before pouring the mixed dressing over it.
- You can now start tossing your homemade yu sheng and exchanging auspicious Chinese phrases!
← Previous Recipe
Next Recipe →