Chinese New Year Lo Hei
- 2 packs of 300g fresh Mount Cook Alpine NZ Salmon Portions
- 2-3 tablespoons herbs (coriander, parsley)
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded, very finely sliced
- 1 knob (10 gm) young ginger, skinned, very finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1 small carrot, very finely sliced
- crispy shallots
- 1 teaspoon Vasse Virgin Chilli Oil
- 1 tablespoon Vasse Virgin Sweet Golden Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the skin from the salmon portions. Place the skin on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Pour over a glug of olive oil, rub around both sides of the fish skin and sprinkle some sea salt. Place another layer of greaseproof paper over the top of the fish skin and weight it down with another baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and cool.
- Slice each piece of fish about ½ cm thick and place on a large round serving plate.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, taste and adjust accordingly.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the dressing over the fish slices and top with the carrots, daikon, chilli, ginger, spring onion, microherbs, crispy shallots and small bits of the crispy fish skin. Serve immediately. Toss to your hearts content and eat!
- Sasha's Fine Foods