Greek Style Baked Cod with Lemon and Garlic
Flavourful and simple, this Greek style recipe is a zesty crowd favourite.
680g New Zealand Blue Cod Fillet
5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
5 tbsp Vasse Virgin Rich & Robust Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp melted butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground coriander
3/4 tsp sweet spanish paprika
3/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 205°C.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside
- In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper. Set next to the lemon juice mixture.
- Pat fish fillet dry. Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour. Reserve the lemon juice mixture for later.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat (watch the oil to be sure it is shimmering but not smoking). Add fish and sear on each side to give it some color, but do not fully cook (about a couple minutes on each side) Remove from heat.
- To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Bake in the heated oven for until it begins to flake easily with a fork (10 minutes should do it, but begin checking earlier). Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Serving suggestions: Serve immediately with greek salad.
Recipe and Image Credit: The Mediterranean DIsh
- Sasha's Fine Foods