This succulent, buttery and flaky fish goes amazingly well with the sweet red pepper sauce. Paired together, this dish is an explosion of delicious flavours.
4 fillets of New Zealand Patagonian Snow Cod
2 cups sweet red capsicum, roughly chopped
½ cup fresh tomato, washed and dried, seeds removed, roughly chopped
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
280g baby spinach, washed and dried, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 205°C.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with the blade attachment, blend the peppers and tomato with the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika, salt and sugar.
- Pour the sauce into a medium to large, oven-proof skillet (cast iron is perfect), and place it over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until it's completely wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season both sides of the fillets with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Then add them to the pan, being sure to coat both sides with the sauce.
- Place the pan in the preheated 400°F oven and cook just until the fillets are cooked through -- it should still be translucent in the center, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe and Image Credit: Cooking on the Weekends