1 x 1.4 kg Local Whole Chicken Regular
2 medium onions, sliced
1 bulb of garlic, break into cloves and leave unpeeled
4 potatoes, cut into wedges
1 bunch of mixed fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, bay leaf etc)
- Preheat the oven to 240C/gas 9.
- Drizzle the chicken with the oil and season well with sea salt and black pepper, rubbing all over the bird. Place the chicken in the tray.
- Carefully squeeze the lemon all over the bird and place it inside the chicken’s cavity, with the bunch of herbs.
- Place the chicken in the oven, then turn the heat down immediately to 200C/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes (but test after 1 hour).
- Place the potatoes, onions and garlic into the tray around the chicken for the last 45 minutes of cooking. Baste the chicken at the same time.
- Remove from oven and transfer the chicken to a board to rest for 15 minutes, covered loosely with a layer of tin foil and a tea towel.
- Serve and enjoy!