Roasted Lamb Rump Cap on
The lamb rump cap can sometimes be forgotten about, but like beef rump this is one of the tastiest cuts you can buy. The milky layer of fat that covers the top of the joint protects the lean meat inside keeping it juicy and succulent whilst creating an amazingly delicious flavour that is so good you hardly need to add anything!
Tip: instead of using the rosemary and garlic, why not try rubbing our Vasse Virgin Macadamia Nut Dukkah over the lamb!
- 600g Lamb Rump Cap on
- 1.5 tsp Rosemary (leaves stripped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- Remove the lamb from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Season with salt.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Mix the stripped rosemary and crushed garlic together and set aside
- Warm a pan over a medium to high heat & once it is hot, place the lamb on the pan fat side down, continue turning until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and cover with the rosemary and garlic mixture (or the Vasse Virgin Macadamia Nut Dakkah)
- Place lamb in oven for 15 to 20 mins per 500g for medium rare.
- Rest the lamb before serving. Declious with green beans, sautéed spinach and boiled potatoes.
- Tags: Lamb
- Sasha's Fine Foods