4 x 150g Mt. Cook Alpine New Zealand Salmon Portions Skin On
4 pita bread (or any bread or wrap)
1/2 cup yoghurt
50g kimchi (alternatively you can use sauerkraut or any other fermented vegetable)
1/3 cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
A pinch of
1/2 avocado, sliced
1 handful cherry tomatoes
1 handful lettuce (or any salad greens)
1 tbsp of your choice of nuts & seeds
- Combine the cucumber, onion, vinegar, honey and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the yogurt and chopped kimchi to taste.
- Toast the pita bread and cut in half.
- Pan fry the salmon taking extra care to crisp up the skin. Crisping the skin creates a 'bacon like' effect.
- Fill the ½ pitas by layering in the salad items, then pickles, salmon and yogurt dressing. Finally sprinkle with LSA and serve.
Recipe and Image Credit: Mt Cook Alpine Salmon