1.8kg chicken pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
8 cloves garlic
3 red peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
12 baby new potatoes, boiled for 8–10 minutes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 medium ripe tomatoes quartered
3/4 cup chicken bone broth
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Dry chicken pieces well with paper towels and remove any excess fat.
2. Heat half the oil in a heavy-based flameproof baking dish over a moderate heat. Slowly brown the chicken pieces, turning them once or twice.
3. Add the remaining oil to the dish with the garlic, peppers and potatoes, tossing together.
4. Season with the salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes, turning the chicken and vegetables several times. Add tomatoes for last 15 minutes of cooking.
5. Arrange the chicken pieces in a serving dish. Surround with vegetables and keep warm. Add wine/stock to baking dish over heat, scrape up crusty pieces and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
Spoon sauce over chicken and scatter with parsley.
Note: a red onion cut into eight can be added with the potatoes.