If you love Italian food, you will definitely love this Chicken Cacciatore recipe. It is hearty and flavorful, with amazingly succulent chicken.
Serves 8 | Time Required: 45 mins
INGREDIENTS8 chicken thighs (2 packs), boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 red capsicums, chopped
1/2 cup Mount Brown Estate Pinot Gris
1/2 cup Our Very Own Chicken Stock
Sea salt and pepper to taste
IN YOUR PANTRY
1 cup all purpose flour
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups Marinara sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Chopped fresh basil leaves to taste
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and dredge them into the flour to coat.
- In a large saute pan, or cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and, once hot, cook the chicken thighs until browned (about 3 minutes per side). Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve.
- Add more olive oil to the pan, if necessary, and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent (about 2 minutes). Add the peppers and continue sautéing until tender (about 2 more minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine and cook, scrapping all the browned bits from the bottom, until almost all gone.
- Add the marinara sauce, chicken broth, oregano and stir to combine.
- Add back the chicken and once the sauce is boiling again, bring it to a simmer (medium-low heat), cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and spoon the sauce over it, then sprinkle the chopped basil and serve.
Recipe and Image Credit: Olivia's Cuisine