Lemon Garlic Herby Trout
4 pieces of Chalk Stream English Rainbow Trout Portions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Italian fresh herbs, finely chopped - thyme, oregano, parsley, whatever you love!
1/4 tsp salt to taste
4 garlic cloves chopped finely
3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
2 tbsp white wine
2 tbsp butter softened
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Season the trout with Italian fresh herbs and salt generously.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat until heated but not smoking. Add fish portions skin side up - flesh side down to the hot skillet. Cook the flesh side of the trout for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat, until lightly browned. Flip the fillets over to the other side, skin side down. Cook for another 2-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the fish sit for 5-10 minutes, covered, in the skillet, until flaky and cooked through completely.
- After the fish is cooked through, carefully place it on a plate, separating the fish from the skin. Carefully remove or scrape the fish skin off the bottom of the pan, leaving the cooking oils in the pan.
- Add chopped garlic, lemon juice, and white wine to the same pan with oil. Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until garlic starts to soften. Remove from heat. Add 1 tbsp parsley, and butter (off the heat) to the sauce, stirring, until the butter melts and forms a creamy mixture.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, top the fish and sauce with the remaining 1 tbsp of fresh parsley and serve.
Photo credit: Meg Tan
- Sasha's Fine Foods