500g ready-rolled puff pastry
1 large onion, grated and squeezed to remove the liquid
450g Wicks Manor Olde English Sausage Meat
1tbsp each Worcestershire sauce and tomato purée
1 tsp each dried sage and fresh thyme
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7, then line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- On a lightly floured board, roll out the pastry into a long rectangle approximately 40cm x 35cm and cut into 3 strips along the length of the pastry.
- Pipe the sausage meat along the middle of each pastry length. Roll the pastry around the filling, brushing egg wash along one edge, fold over and seal. Trim the ends and discard. Turn them, snip several little V-shapes into the top of each with scissors, then cut the sausage rolls into equal 5cm (2in) pieces.
- Place on baking trays and bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown, or freeze until needed.
- Perfect to serve alongside our Woodlands Bronze Free Range Turkey
Recipe credit: Daily Mail