From Your Pantry
Oilala Extra Vigin Olive Oil
- Finely slice your potato & onion then fry in a pan with a healthy glug of olive oil & your garlic.
- Lower the heat once your veg is beginning to brown and cook slowly until the potato is cooked through but still holding its shape.
- Once your onions have softened/sweetened then space around your pan equally (you can use a smaller pan to get some height for aesthetic purposes).
- In a bowl crack open your eggs and give them a good whisk so that there aren’t any white streaks running through your tortilla once cooked.
- Season well then pour into your pan.
- Shake the pan a bit to make sure your egg mixture gets into all the nooks & crannies. Then transfer into an oven at 200c. Let it cook for about 10/15 minutes - or just cook until golden brown as all the egg has cooked.
- Enjoy with your cold smoked Chalk Stream trout & a large blob of Mayo.
- To really spice it up you could run some chopped dill through the tortilla.