Time required: 30 minutes
100g plain flour
2 Nature's Best Eggs
300ml Hokkaido Fresh Milk
Small handful of fresh green herbs (I use coriander, basil and sage)
A pinch of sea salt flakes
1 pack of 200g Aoraki (Mt. Cook Alpine) New Zealand Cold Smoked Salmon
125g Meredith's Australian Marinated Goat Cheese (~3 cubes)
Small handful of chives, chopped
- Melt the butter in a frying or crepe pan that you will fry the pancakes in. Remove from the heat.
- Place the pancake batter and all the remaining pancake ingredients into a food processor then add the melted butter. Blitz until the mixture is smooth. Don’t worry if there are small pieces of spinach or herbs in the batter – this adds texture to the pancakes.
- Heat the frying pan over a medium heat, then test the pan by ladling in a small amount of batter. It should take around 1 minute to brown on the bottom. If it browns too quickly, lower the temperature slightly, and do the opposite if it cooks too slowly and becomes rubbery.
- When the pan is at the right temperature, add in a small knob of butter and then pour in a ladleful of batter. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom, then allow the pancake to cook for 1 minute on each side, or until cooked through. Keep covered and warm in a low oven while you fry the rest. The green becomes more vibrant on cooking.
- Serve the pancakes warm with smoked salmon, soft cheese and chives. These are best eaten immediately.
Recipe and image credit: Waitrose