2 Wicks Manor English Pork Chops
250 ml Our Very Own Chicken Stock
2 heaped tbsp soured cream / full-fat crème fraiche
1 apple, cut horizontally to give 1/2cm round slices. Remove any seeds with a knife tip
1 heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Rapeseed oil or Olive Oil
New (Chat) potatoes for mash
Cooked savoy cabbage or brocollini to accompany
- Heat large heavy-based, non-stick pan over a medium- high heat.
- Oil and season the chops and place in the hot pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side plus another 2 minutes on the fat edge to ensure the chops are beautifully browned. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate under foil.
- Wipe the pan of any blackened bits, drizzle with a little oil and melt in 15g of butter over a medium heat.
- Once foaming, add the apple slices and cook for 2 ½ minutes per side until softened and golden, but still retaining a little bite. Remove from the pan and add to the pork.
- Add the chicken stock, sour cream / crème fraiche and mustard to the pan and whisk until blended. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return the pork to the pan and simmer uncovered for a further 5 minutes, turning the chops once halfway through, until the meat is just cooked. Do not overcook the pork as it may turn tough.
- Transfer the chops to plates, pour over the sauce and add the apple slices.
- Serve with mashed potato and cooked savoy cabbage or brocollini.
Recipe and Image Credit: Wicks Manor