A balanced, nutritious meal made from readily available ingredients, all roasted on one tray.
2 Mt. Cook Alpine New Zealand Salmon Portions Skin-on
200g sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
2 handfuls of kale leaves, chopped
½ avocado, sliced
30g slivered almonds
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari
Juice of ½ lemon
⅛ teaspoon chilli flakes
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan.
- Mix together the olive oil, tamari, lemon juice, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Lay the sweet potato cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with a third of the dressing. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon (skin side down), kale and almonds to the tray and pour over a little more of the dressing, keeping some back. Roast for another 10 minutes, being careful that the kale and nuts don't burn and turn bitter.
- The sweet potato needs to be soft on the side and golden on the outside and the salmon needs to be cooked through (or to your liking).
- Remove the salmon portions from the tray. Toss all the vegetables together and put into bowls, then add the avocado and place the salmon on top. Serve with the rest of the dressing drizzled over.