5 heaped tablespoons of Thai sweet chilli sauce
1/4 cup of pomegranate juice
1/4 cup tamari
1 inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
1 clove garlic, chopped
4 Free-Range Chicken Breast Fillets
1 Butternut Pumpkin seeded and sliced into halves
1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon of Honey
Salt and pepper
Arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees C for 10 minutes, then adjust to 200 degrees.
- To make the pomegranate sticky glaze combine the sweet chilli sauce, pomegranate juice, tamari, ginger and garlic.
- Next gently toss the squash with olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken and squash on a baking sheet with the chicken at one end and the butternut squash at another. Cover the chicken with the sticky sauce, but make sure to leave a small amount for serving.
- Place the chicken and squash in the oven and cook for 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the squash is soft and tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the pomegranate arils over the chicken. Serve the chicken and squash over a bowl of rice drizzled with the remaining reserved sticky sauce. Garnish with extra pomegranate arils.
Recipe adapted from: Sutton Hoo