One Pot Spanish Chicken
4 Sutton Hoo British Free-Range Chicken Breast Fillets
275ml Chicken Stock
2 large red peppers
2 medium onions
50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
2-3 tablespoons Vasse Virgin Rich & Robust Olive Oil
150g chorizo sausage, skinned and cut into 1 cm slices
2 cloves of garlic
Basmati rice measured to the 225 ml level in a measuring jug
1 level tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
½ level teaspoon hot paprika
1 level teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
170 ml Pinot Gris
½ large orange, cut into wedges
50g black olives
Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Slice the onion and red peppers into strips. Drain the dried tomatoes, wipe them dry with kitchen paper and then cut into 1 cm pieces.
- Next heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a casserole dish and, when it is fairly hot, add the chicken pieces – two or three at a time – and brown them to a golden colour on both sides. As they brown remove them to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Now add a little more oil to the casserole, with the heat slightly higher than medium. As soon as the oil is hot, add the onion and peppers and allow them to brown a little at the edges, moving them around from time to time, for about 5 minutes.
- After that, add the chorizo, sun-dried tomatoes and chopped garlic and toss these around for a minute or two.
- Stir in the rice and, when the grains have a good coating of oil, add the sun-dried tomato paste, paprika and chopped thyme.
- Pour in the stock and wine, and add some seasoning. As soon as everything has reached simmering point, turn the heat down to a gentle simmer. Then place the chicken gently on top of everything (Top Tip: it's important to keep the rice down in the liquid to let it cook)
- Finally, place the wedges of orange in among the chicken and scatter with the olives. Cover and cook over a low heat or in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 1 hour until the rice is cooked.
Recipe adapted from: Sutton Hoo
- Sasha's Fine Foods