Salmon with Chickpea Stew
4 Mt. Cook Alpine New Zealand Salmon Portions Skin-on
400g cooked chickpeas
60g fine diced onion
3 cloves of minced garlic
60ml Mount Brown Estate Pinot Gris
190g chopped tomatoes
a pinch of saffron
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp Vasse Virgin Mild & Delicate Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sweat the onions, garlic and paprika in the olive oil on a low heat.
- Add the wine and saffron and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Simmer for a further 5 – 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Season the salmon and cook until rare / medium rare in a hot pan. Place on top of chickpeas stew to finish cooking.
- Serve with a side of braised Cavelo Nero or kale.
- Sasha's Fine Foods